Online reputation monitoring is more significant than ever in our ever-growing digital world. Why is reputation monitoring so important for your business you might ask? Well, to start, 85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations. What’s more interesting is, 49% of consumers need at least a four-star rating before they choose to use a business (according to Social Media Examiner).
- When managed correctly, it makes your business more trusted and credible.
- It affects the way people see/feel about your business.
- It’s not all just what customers are saying about your business, but also how you say things as well. Your business’ interactions are critical!
- Always fact-check to make sure your content is relevant, accurate, and relatable to your business.
- When conversing with customers, use the correct tone for your business.
- Your online presence is an extension of your business card. Ensure it’s how you’d like to be represented.
- Reviews/Recommendations can help (or hurt) during the consumer decision-making process.
- Not everyone who has a positive experience is going to leave a review. Customers who have a negative experience are more likely to share that experience than those who have had a positive experience. Only about 1 out 10 happy customers will leave a good review after a positive experience!
- One good tip is to invite your happy customers to leave a review!
- Respond to your reviews/recommendations. If you don’t, it’s like leaving someone hanging who wants to give you a high five (disappointing).
- Your responses to negative reviews are read by potential customers, ensure it’s how you’d like to be represented.
- Understanding the Needs and Wants of your Customers, listen up.
- Listen to the feedback from your customers, if you are not listening how can you know what you are doing right and what needs improvement?
- If you are receiving a large amount of negative reviews then maybe it is time to consider product quality, customer service, and educating customers on your product/service.
- Helps you stand out from those businesses who do not manage their reputation.
- By responding to reviews and comments you are interacting with your customers and making your business more personable.
- Customers really appreciate and value when you consider their comments or concerns.
- A few negative comments/reviews can have the ability to take down your good reputation, if not handled properly. We recommend taking time to write out some responses that you could go to when something negative comes up – so you’re not caught off guard writing while defending your business.
If you’re unsure what our community thinks of your business, Google it! Find out how the public perceives your business and the services you provide. If you like what you see, keep it up! If you don’t like what you see, try reading each comment to figure out trends and how to turn the ship around. It can be done! Give your audience your attention and their reviews and comments will align with how you’re truly represented through your business’ customer service.