Top Six Reasons to Have Professional Photos on Your Website
In this day and age, how you appear online is everything. The way your web content looks has become more and more critical to good branding; it is important that your product or business make a lasting impression. To make that lasting impression and give your business the strong presence it needs to covey important messages, it is important to capture and display professional, original photography on your website. Images are hugely influential, so if you want to captivate your web page visitors, invest time in exceptional photography. Here are a few reasons why having professional photos to represent your brand is substantial.
1. Professional Photographs Grab People’s Attention Over time, studies have shown that 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual – visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text. It makes sense then that visitors are 80% more likely to read content if it is paired with an image, and 64% more likely to remember what they read. If your work gains attention, visitors are more likely to read it, share it, and remember it. Having a solid color scheme, and brand font can also contribute to making your content more memorable. All of these aspects are important to the recognition of your business.
2. They Help Sell Your Brand People respond to professional photos that feel genuine, so using your own photography can make a large difference in selling your business or product. Eye tracking studies have shown that people tend to ignore stock photos but do pay attention to photos of real people. One moving company in New York City found that their original photos gained 45% more attention than a stock photo, proving that if customers feel your photographs are authentic or legitimate, they will want to support your business. Real photos bring real results.
3. Original Photographs Help Your Business Stand Out Custom photography allows you to present your brand in your own unique, professional way. Authentic, high-quality photos will help your website stand out from your business’ competition. With stock photos or mundane pictures, your business can start looking like every other of its kind. However, using original pictures to share on various platforms for products, or for your logo, will help promote your business in a way that stands out from others.
5. Your Business’ Authenticity Will Increase Many companies pick from the same unauthentic stock photos to represent their businesses, which makes them easy to ignore. Stock photos are easier to come by and are cheap, which appeals to business owners who are price savvy. However, it is wise to invest in the quality of your marketing and go the extra mile to stand out above the rest. Over 60% of companies use stock photos on their channels, so why not go against the grain? Original photos build character and help the customer relate to the quality of your business.
6. Customers Will Be More Likely to Remember Your Brand Only 30% of people remember what they hear or read, however, 80% of people remember what they see or do. 93% of communication these days is non-verbal, which is why photos are more effective in conveying information compared to reading. Even if your content is articulate, profound, and thorough, it may not mean much to a customer scrolling through the Internet on their phone. As the old saying goes: “A picture is worth a thousand words.”